The popularity of e-cigarettes is getting out of hand. Each year, statistics show a steeping demand of this product. Well, who is to blame? No one. All you have to know is that, there are certain places nowadays which ban the use of electronic cigarettes. Won’t you ask why?
The answer is, it has hit a very alarming popularity most especially among the teens. Why ban it? Is it unsafe?
Electronic cigarettes are fueled by a liquid known as e-juice. We all know that the liquid solution of these e-cigarettes are composed of chemicals. These substances may cause harmful effects among the users or worse, premature death. What is that harmful substance that cause threat to its users? If you are a user or planning to use e-cigarettes, you should know about these things. This article (thanks to Tank Puffin) would provide you with the scientifically-based ideas to give you substantial knowledge about this subject.
Like the conventional cigarette smoking, e-cigarette smoking has nicotine content. The e-liquid’s nicotine levels vary from brand to brand in accordance to the preference of their users. Nicotine is a toxic chemical which is why there are several draw which regards to the safety usage of e-liquids and e-cigarette smoking in general.
However, if this nicotine level is non-carcinogenic compared to the traditional smoking but this does not mean that you could be 100% safe even in low doses of this substance. What is the effect of nicotine in the body system? It is basically an addictive substance that gets in to the blood stream fast. This can in turn, increase your blood pressure or worse, detrimental to developing fetus. However, the effect of raw nicotine is not as much as the ones used in the e-liquid.
The content of this e-liquid is not nicotine alone, there are several other liquids like water and flavors that go with it to make a solution.
What are the health experts’ facts to share about e-liquids in e-cigarettes?
- Nicotine is highly toxic and as mentioned, it is very addictive especially when taken in high levels. This could pose some damage to health although there are no sufficient evidences on this claim.
- You could get high toxicity levels when you inhale, ingest or get in direct contact of this frequently. It has been said that it may cause an unusual skin sensation or irritation with direct contact. Thus, it is recommended to wash the affected skin with water and soap.
- Some experts said that the use of this solution is prohibited especially to pregnant or breastfeeding. The vapor may cause harm to the developing child or the infant.
- The chemical content of the e-liquid is dangerous most especially for anyone under age 18.
- This should not be used by people with heart conditions and blood pressure problems.
- E-cigarettes could still cause lung cancer. Although it has not been fully proven, but these past few health researchers have shown that they reduce and weaken the function of your lungs. It would be possible that these substances could cause cell mutation in the lungs or even weaken the organs’ defenses.